An All Day/Every Day Event!
No Registration Required!
from Serve the City International
All over the world meetings are cancelled. Events are cancelled. Trips are cancelled.
But a virus, even a pandemic, cannot cancel the most important stuff of life.
Kindness is open for business and the shelves are stocked floor to ceiling in abundant supply. Kindness will not be cancelled.
Please consider sharing your story of how you have shown kindness to someone or seen kindness shown by sending us a note (just click Contact above) – you can tell as many stories as you want!
Here are some ways Serve the City volunteers around the world are showing kindness in personal ways to people in need. Won’t you think about joining in?
- Make phone calls to check in on the health and well-being of elderly people you know.
- Send hope-filled cards and notes to people that you hear about who are socially or medically isolated.
- Let your nearest neighbors know you are available to help if they need something.
- Create a near-neighbors emergency contact list if one doesn’t already exist.
- Organize online gatherings of friends via Skype or Zoom so people can sing, pray, and share.
- Ask grocery stores if there is food that could be made available and delivered to people in need.
- Order food, flowers, or essential items that can be delivered to people in need, or to friends as a surprise.
- Share accurate information graphics written through the lens of hope to help people stay safe and calm.
- Join or arrange times for near neighbors to all look out their windows and sing, clap, smile, and wave.
- Initiate conversation on social media community forums to stimulate kindness ideas and action.
- Offer to teach others something you know through Facebook Live: how to play a musical instrument, a language, simple home repairs, etc.
- Find out and celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and other special events for near neighbors, refugees, people who are ill, children, and others.
- Take care of the common spaces where you live: cleaning, sterilizing, picking up trash, etc.
- Offer childcare to friends with children at home by reading a book or playing a game with their children online.
- Share any good news you hear, as quickly and as broadly as possible!