Join Serve the City worldwide as we recognize the global problem of homelessness on October 10, 2020 to mark the 10th anniversary of World Homeless Day. Since its founding, World Homeless Day has been observed on every continent except Antarctica, in several dozen countries. The purpose of World Homeless Day is to draw attention to homeless people’s needs locally and provide opportunities for the community to get involved in responding to homelessness, while taking advantage of the stage an ‘international day’ provides.
You can make a difference by doing small things like:
- educate people about homeless issues
- celebrate and support local good works
- highlight local issues in the media
- donate to local service providers
- volunteer and provide hands on help
- thank volunteers with certificates and awards
- invite a guest speaker
- host a fundraiser
- Tweet #WorldHomelessDay @homelessday
Serve the City Peninsula supports programs aimed at the needs of the homeless throughout the year by working with LINK and their yearly PORT shelter program and with organizations like Heart of Giving (where we will have a project on October 10th).