We are partnering with Newsome Bailey Project for the last time this school year to collect and deliver food to the families of students they work with and to the elderly in the Southeast Community.
If you can help pack or make deliveries please fill out the registration form below. Packers (limit of 8) will need to arrive at 12:00pm, drivers will be scheduled to arrive between 1:00pm and 2:00pm (you will be called with an exact time).
We are asking that all volunteers wear a face mask to protect themselves and others. If don’t have a face mask we can provide one.
You can also help by donating food for the packages. Drop off needed food & supplies at Peninsula Community Chapel (4209 Big Bethel Rd., Yorktown, VA 23693) between 1:00 – 2:30pm Monday – Thursday.
We are also accepting monetary donations for this project so we can purchase any items not collected. Just click the “Donate” button at the top of this page.
Please note that several items have been taken off the list due to an abundance of donations last week
*Please bring perishable/date sensitive items the week of June 1st
We only need paper bags with handles (no plastic bags)
- Frozen pork (1 -2 pound size)
- Frozen ground beef (1 pound size)
- Frozen chicken (1-2 pound packages)
- Canned meat (chicken & tuna)
- Canned soup/ramen
- Hamburger Helper (No Mac and Cheese)
- Instant oatmeal packets
- Milk* (whole milk or 2%)
- Cheese (sliced, grated, string)
- Vegetables* (fresh only– baby carrots, potatoes, green beans, etc.)
- Fresh fruit* (apples, bananas, mandarins)
- Salad items* (Iceberg lettuce heads, tomatoes, cucumbers, Ranch dressing)
- Snacks (granola bars, chips, cookies, etc.)
- Disinfectant spray/Disinfectant wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Small Liquid dish soap/Small Laundry detergent