In partnership with the Virginia Peninsula Foodbank we have a new monthly opportunity to serve the residents of Berkley Village, a low-income apartment complex with many elderly residents.
We had such an incredible response to this event last month that we had to turn some people away so this month we have made room for 20 volunteers!
- You must be 15 and older to volunteer on your own
- You must be at least 12 years old to volunteer; 12 to 14 year olds must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Being able to lift 20-25 lbs is desirable but some package deliveries only require you to be able to lift 5 lbs.
- Close-toed shoes are required
- Dress appropriately for the weather conditions – this project goes rain or shine