Mark you calendars for April 10th for our monthly Big Volunteer Date. We have a wide variety of projects to choose from this month including a family-friendly project that even the little ones can participate in. All projects will take place between 9am and noon.
This month we will be:
- Sorting clothes and household goods at Heart of Giving
- Cleaning up a yard and hauling debris to the street
- Clearing out a garage and cleaning bathrooms/kitchen/baseboards at the Ziglag Shelter for women and children
- Prepping, priming, and painting house trim (some ladder work)
- Making goody bags and cards for the seniors at Ashe Manor (our Family-Friendly project this month geared towards pre-school/elementary age kids and their parents/guardians)
- Writing notes of encouragement for the women and children served by Fear2Freedom (you’ll need to pick up materials for this project the week of April 5th)
Per our current COVID protocols we will be meeting at project sites. You will be contacted 24-48 hours prior to the event with the exact location for your project. We also ask that you come prepared to ‘mask up’ even for outdoor projects.